Mobile is providing a new way for people to engage with brands. From opening an email to visiting your website to read your content, all are accessible through a small mobile screen. One technique of potent mobile marketing is by connecting through Push messages. Push messages appear on the home screen of a user’s mobile device regardless of whether the user is engaged with the app or even has it open. For a push notification to work, the user needs to have already downloaded your app and agreed to allow push notifications. Luckily, 70% of mobile users allow push notifications.
Here would give you the proper overview for a similar service provider. One of them is LEANPLUM.
Leanplum is a mobile marketing platform formed for providing effective Push messaging service. It enables users to conduct A/B tests on all aspects of mobile engagement, both in messaging and the in-app experience. LeanPlum also allows them to set any number of goals for their campaigns so that they can monitor all customer behaviour and trends ardently. This helps marketers measure their return on investment and strategize where to focus their future marketing investments. Leanplum invites end-customers to enable mobile push notifications as to build an engaging relationship with them. Moreover, Leanplum users can customize their in-app messages then test which copy is the most successful instead of sending them regular push messages. It integrates with popular platforms such as Marketo, Segment, Singular, Twilio, Foursquare, Amplitude, Inkit.
Leanplum’s functions include campaign composer, push notifications, email marketing, app user experience (UX), mobile A/B testing and mobile analytics. The App’s UX helps to deliver and integrate mobile experiences including messaging campaigns, in-app contents and app features. Additionally, it provides features like mobile engagement, mobile growth, mobile retention, mobile marketing automation and mobile personalization.
- A/B Testing
- Campaign Segmentation
- Contextual Targeting
- Device Targeting
- visual segment builder
- frequency caps
- multi-channel branching
- customer journey analytics
- delivery time intelligence
- drag and drop email editor.
- Expiry Notifications
- Geo Targeting
- Mobile Notifications
- Notification Scheduling
- Visual Notifications
- Web Notifications
Founded in San Francisco, Leanplum has offices across North America, Europe, and Asia, and has received more than $98 million in funding. Leanplum has also been recognized as Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For. It has partnered with companies like Tinder, Grab & Tesco lately. It understands customer needs and the quality of its requirements needed to have a unified growth of companies. It is based on the ideology of customer loyalty which seems to be great to look upon.
Leanplum Review: Features
Leanplum is a top-notch product and the main feature to highlight its position to be amongst league leaders are:
- QUIET HOURS – You can have a scheduled way to push your notification worldwide according to timezone. Setting quiet hours so that push notification doesn’t get irritating to any user. Thus you won’t have a negative impact on your subscribers.
- Rich push notifications – It has this feature which helps to generate leads according to your subscribers’ device information and formulate user interactive custom based texts/web/pop-ups at a single go for a particular segment of the community of your subscriber. The content would be rich with the use of interactive engagement, emojis, etc. It would help to unify the audience.
- SCHEDULED NOTIFICATION – If you want your subscriber to get a certain message at a certain time period only or suppose according to their time zone. So it becomes an issue to schedule yourself to send. To aid that, it uses an algorithm to provide a solution of scheduled time notification. This has turned out to be a useful feature.
- TESTING – Push can be generated as a 2-3 template when an event is triggered it helps you to compare the responses from all the generated content of the notification and help you to generate suitable content. You can get a possible idea of the kind of texts that have a huge impact on your subscriber.
- PERSONAL DATA – Real-time user information is extracted from the user and according to that information proper content of the notification is formulated so that it would help to create more engagements. From user data you, it would be evident what our subscribers expect from the company which will eventually help us grasp more leads for the future.
- SEGMENTATION – if you got a particular kind of audience at a certain area only, it allows to segment the text message and provide a particular content for that area only. it offers you to create an advanced segmentation of your notification based on your location, event, device information. Thus it offers you to focus on a particular audience as well.
Leanplum Review: Pricing
Leanplum has a customized way of setting out the plan for every specific user according to the firm’s requirements. Potential plans for beginner level could be $2,500-$4,000/month, it could extend up to $12,000/month and professional level need $25,000/month.
There is no particular plan statement officially available on its website.
Leanplum Review: Advantages or USPs
- Leanplum handles user data & segmentation very well. There are many different system & custom fields you can segment
- Leanplum provides many types of analysis to understand how events affect customer interaction with your product. If you integrate with the SDK and sends detailed interaction & product purchase event, Leanplum can give you great user & financial insights.
- Leanplum displays the exact record what a customer has been sent on which dates or times and due to which actions.
- Setting up the segments and is really easy.
- The ability to send out a message to all of the users of our application at one time
Leanplum Review: Limitations or Disadvantages
- The email sync isn’t quite robust for a B2B vendor. the sync drops out eventually so backend should robust enough to work smoothly.
- The web based dashboard is quite difficult to use and without extensive training, most people are not able to use it. It might so happen that accidentally one can send out an unintended message to any or all users.
- Rare cases that the advanced UI might take a few minutes extra to load. Sometimes you have to refresh now and then.
- It would not be easy to use the software until you have the proper training to work. It might be possible for you to send a message accidentally to a large group.
Leanplum Review: Customer Base
TED — “With Leanplum, we are able to manage push and in-app messaging — content featuring, targeting, and optimizations — entirely from our team focused on editorial and product engagement. Leanplum is our avenue for understanding how different mobile app users engage with different content.” — Cody Winn, (Director of Mobile and Platforms at TED Conferences)
TED is a nonprofit global community devoted to spreading ideas. Its mission is to make great ideas accessible and spark conversation. TED wanted to set up messaging campaigns to more effectively drive an increase in views of TED Talks in its iOS and Android apps. Leanplum empowers TED to run sophisticated campaigns to increase key metrics. The push notification open rate was 72% higher than average, and perhaps surprisingly, the app uninstalls rate was significantly lower than average.
IMVU- “Initially, onboarding was the focus, but we wanted to identify new engagement opportunities. Because Leanplum helped us improve our communication with users through push and in-app notifications, we successfully optimized the entire user journey… leading to huge gains in revenue.” — Lomit Patel (Vice President of Growth at IMVU)
IMVU achieved triple-digit wins in retention and revenue — 157% increase in retention and 2x ARPU. Leanplum helped IMVU to focus on retention and to build proper customer relationship. It optimized itself from many channels and offered touchdown events guaranteeing unified customer experience.
textPlus – textPlus is a leading mobile communications service that lets anyone text, talk, and share over WiFi. It offers a free phone number, free messaging throughout the US or Canada, free inbound calls, and both domestic and international outbound calls for only two cents per minute
“With Leanplum, I can create a campaign, set the success criteria, and see ‘Oh no! My users’ retention is falling.’ I can add another metric, look at the retention curve matched up with the global population, and see that the campaign had an adverse effect of lowering retention — even though the goal was in-app purchases. It helps us have a better understanding of our business and the cause and effects that would otherwise be unavailable to us on the Braze platform.” — Samuel Braff, Chief Product Officer at textPlus
Leanplum Review: List of Alternatives
- AMAZON SNS -Amazon simple notification services is a simple, highly secure cloud manages to deliver a message to a large number of clients at a go. Amazon SNS works upon its two clients i.e publisher and subscriber. Apart from this they the access to all of its AWS features and services with one account.
- KUMULOS – Kumulos is easy to use mobile app management platform trusted by a huge mass worldwide with millions of connected devices working on its mobile push notification services just in a month. The firm is solely built on the pillars of mobile app development helps your business to grow.
- PUSHENGAGE – It is another alternative for this product and a top competitor as well. Fulfils mostly all the other features that one signal lacks behind. Efficient product to push notification all over the world to your subscriber.
- URBAN AIRSHIP – Urban Airship is an in-app messaging platform uses a combination of analytics, engagement strategies and push notification features combined. This tool provides intuitive features to make schedule delivery of the notification to a particular at a given time period.
- AIMTELL – Aimtell allows its customer to use its web services to allow them to send push notification to their subscriber easily via text, email, pop-ups. Depending on the topics they have subscribed. Firms also provide some of the most exciting features like custom messages, locational notification.
Leanplum Review: User Reviews
“We used Leanplum to test the effectiveness of emojis in push notification campaigns. In one of our tests, we saw an 81% lift in open rates and a 363% lift in revenue from the message with emojis.” — Joanna Hill, Head of Digital at Miss Selfridge
“The Push Pre-Permissions feature enabled us to engage our users with personalized information that improves their in-app experience. Since implementing Leanplum, we’ve increased conversions and built customer loyalty.” — David Yitzhaki, Head of Mobile Marketing at Last Minute Travel
LeanPlum facilitates businesses to cater to customer needs as well as runs campaigns to build continuous experiences across all key indices for new and existing customers. The platform helps in keeping a constant control on campaign performance and growth delivery. The unique features enable to drive engagements and responses towards customers irrespective of their locations. There are several other alternatives of Leanplum in the market, which can be used for experimentation but the above platform is enough for effective results.